Sunday, July 31, 2011

Holiday Inn Express

It took me forever to realize what the faintly bizarre and offputting smell of the HIE toiletries was, and now I'm pretty sure I've got it: cinnamon. The fact that I could name it made it less weird, but it's interesting to me that if you are a huge mid-range hotel chain you would choose one of the least common scents to be used on hair and body as your go-to smell. Anyway, if this had been driving you crazy for a few years like it had me, I wanted to get it out there. Whenever I'm staying at an HIE I always pack my own toiletries.

That said, the Holiday Inn Express is a pretty solid choice in the mid-range ($89-139/night). The breakfast with hot options is totally acceptable; the one I recently stayed at in Goodland, Kansas had a pancake machine that delighted my 6 year old nephew to no end. Free wifi, free breakfast, usually a pool, coffee all day, and one of my favorite features: the complimentary makeup remover cloths, all make for a perfectly nice stay.

1 comment:

  1. HIE generally lets your dog stay, too, which is how we started staying there regularly.

    ReplyDelete